Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2600 v3 and E5-1600 v3 Product Families
Brilliant versatility at the heart of your data center
With the Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v3 and E5-1600 v3 product families at the heart of an agile, efficient data center, your organization can respond rapidly to changing business demands, protect data from cybercriminals and streamline data center operations.
A new way to think about the data center
Now designed for compute, storage, and networking to work better together, the latest Intel Xeon processor can help you meet today’s challenges while laying the groundwork for tomorrow’s fully-orchestrated data center.
- Deliver more automation capabilities for higher-performing, more secure clouds
- Solve increasing demands for storage and quickly crunch through complex data analytics problems
- Meet the speed of execution expected today
- Operate a more cost-effective, energy-efficient data center
- Measure and monitor
Responsive performance, remarkable energy efficiency
The latest members of the Intel Xeon processor E5 family deliver the best combination of performance, built-in capabilities, and cost-effectiveness to address technical computing challenges, enable cloud deployments, accelerate processor performance for peak loads, deliver intelligent storage or power data analytics. In comparison to previous generation processors you get:
- Up to 3x more performance1,2
- The world's most energy efficient server1,3
- Up to 1.9x more performance with Intel® AVX21,4
- Up to 1.7x increased virtual machine density1,5
- Up to 1.4x increased memory bandwidth with DDR41,6
Streamline your path to private cloud services delivery
Built-in virtualization delivers faster performance for core virtualization processes and improves the quality and control of services.
- Improved application performance, live migration, provisioning, dynamic load balancing, and disaster recovery.
- Greater service quality and utilization by monitoring individual virtual machines (VMs) in cache and addressing “noisy neighbor” issues.
- Enabling ultra-high isolation for usages such as financial services.
A foundation for trust and security
Improve your ability to safeguard your data and infrastructure with foundational, hardware-assisted security capabilities.
- Encourage pervasive encryption by reducing associated performance penalties
- Deploy a wide range of security applications with faster, higher-quality cryptographic keys and certificates
- Protect your operating system by increasing security against malware, denial-of-service (DoS), privilege escalation, and platform surface attacks.
- Protect against attacks against the hypervisor, BIOS, firmware, and other prelaunch software components and gain visibility into system security to strengthen IT compliance.
Is your data center ready?
New features and capabilities help improve performance, energy efficiency, and security.
Watch the overview video >