Remote Network Management
Diagnose, manage, and help protect your networked systems
From PCs and laptops to ATMs, kiosks, and POS terminals, IT organizations face the challenge of providing enterprise-wide security in an increasingly global business environment. Built into Intel® Core™ vPro™ processors and chipsets, Intel® vPro™ technology1 provides remote management and security capabilities that can help you manage, monitor, and protect your systems.2
Intel® vPro™ technology simplifies remote device management
Intel® vPro technology, which is built into the 2nd generation Intel® Core™ vPro™ processor family, provides a robust set of security and manageability capabilities for Intel® chipsets and network adapters. By embedding security and management features into the hardware, Intel vPro technology3:
- Accelerates data encryption/decryption for improved user experience and productivity
- Reduces access to data by giving IT the ability to remotely disable missing laptops
- Allows IT technicians to quickly deploy security patches and troubleshoot and repair PCs4
Enhance your customers' retail experiences
When retail devices such as kiosks, POS terminals, and ATMs deploy Intel® Core™ vPro™ technology,1 they become more than just a way to process transactions. They can help provide a richer customer experience through intelligent performance, security, and stability.
1. Intel® vPro™ technology is sophisticated and requires setup and activation. Availability of features and results will depend upon the setup and configuration of your hardware, software, and IT environments. To learn more visit: www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/vpro/vpro-technology-general.html.
2. No system can provide absolute security under all conditions. Requires an enabled chipset, BIOS, firmware, and software with data encryption, and service activation with a capable service provider. Consult your system manufacturer and service provider for availability and functionality. Service may not be available in all countries. Intel assumes no liability for lost or stolen data and/or systems or any other damages resulting thereof. For more information, visit www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/anti-theft/anti-theft-general-technology.html.
3. Note: Intel® vPro™ technology is sophisticated and requires setup and activation. Availability of features and results will depend upon the setup and configuration of your hardware, software, and IT environment. To learn more, visit: www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/vpro/vpro-technology-general.html. In addition, there are several versions of Intel® AMT supported on different Intel® Core™ vPro™ processors. To determine what tasks you can perform, it will be necessary to know which version of Intel AMT Firmware your PCs have installed.
4. Requires activation and a system with a corporate network connection, an Intel® AMT-enabled chipset, network hardware, and software. For notebooks, Intel AMT may be unavailable or limited over a host OS-based VPN, when connecting wirelessly, on battery power, sleeping, hibernating, or powered off. Results dependent upon hardware, setup, and configuration. For more information, visit www.intel.com/technology/vpro/index.htm.