Is your computer running slow? Do you spend more time waiting in front of your computer than you do connected to your social network? If you’re saddled to a slow PC, the answer to your problems may be simpler than you imagined. It’s almost the same scenario as wondering why your arm is so sore if you’re still using a mobile phone from the 1990s!
Fortunately, there are a number of things you can do to increase your computer’s speed:
It’s important to remember that although there are plenty of program fixes and memory increases you can add to your slow computer, if it’s an older model, there’s a limit to what it can do.
If you’re still asking yourself, “Why is my computer so slow?”, after performing the steps listed above, maybe it’s time to start shopping for a new computer. Instead of spending money on costly repairs and add-ons, how would you like to have both a super fast laptop and energy-efficient tablet in one lightweight, stylish device? And if you’d like a device that’s also affordable and capable of protecting your personal information with a top-notch security system1 then the cure is here, once and for all: the Ultrabook™.
Instant gratification isn’t a bad thing when you want to be connected to friends and family or when you need a computer that’s ready to go when you are. That’s why the Ultrabook boasts both Intel® Rapid Start Technology2 and Intel® Smart Connect Technology3. What does that mean for you? The answer’s simple. You’re up and running in under 7 seconds, with constant updates from your email, social network, news, and favorite apps; and all on one device that weighs less than 4 pounds and is thinner than an inch! How’s that for speed and mobility?
Plus, with all-day battery life and built-in Intel® Anti-Theft Technology4, you’re ready to go and protected no matter where you are or what you’re doing. Now you can save both time and money with an Intel®-powered device that’s designed around your life—both at work and at play.
Think about how much more content you view on a daily basis after you first hooked up your PC. If you own a smartphone or have used any self-service kiosks lately then you already know the speed of touchscreen technology. And guess what? You can have multi-touch capability on an Ultrabook5, laptop, and even all-in-one PC. With a tap, flick, and rotation, you’re able to sort through and coordinate everything from pages and pages of content to your favorite photo and music collections.
If you enjoy uncluttered spaces then consider the All-in-One PC with a plug-and-play advantage, a wireless keyboard, and a mouse as standard equipment. Watch as your corner workspace instantly transforms into an elegant centerpiece of living and style!
Learn the difference between a standard, touch, and convertible Ultrabook™, compare processors, and find the combo that works for you.
Find your perfect match >
Shop Ultrabook™ >
Suddenly, everything else seems old-fashioned.
Watch now >
1. No computer system can provide absolute security under all conditions. Built-in security features available on select Intel® Core™ and Intel® Xeon® processors may require additional software, hardware, services, and/or an Internet connection. Results may vary depending upon configuration. Consult your system manufacturer and service provider for availability and functionality. Intel assumes no liability for lost or stolen data and/or systems or any other damages resulting thereof. For more information, visit www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/data-security/security-overview-general-technology.html or www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/vpro/vpro-technology-general.html.
2. Intel® Rapid Start Technology requires a select Intel® processor, Intel® software and BIOS update, and Intel® Solid-State Drive (Intel® SSD). Depending on system configuration, your results may vary. Contact your system manufacturer for more information.
3. Intel® Smart Connect Technology requires a select Intel® processor, Intel® software and BIOS update, Intel® Wireless adapter, and Internet connectivity. Solid-state memory or drive equivalent may be required. Depending on system configuration, your results may vary. Contact your system manufacturer for more information.
4. No system can provide absolute security under all conditions. Requires an enabled chipset, BIOS, firmware, and software with data encryption, and service activation with a capable service provider. Consult your system manufacturer and service provider for availability and functionality. Service may not be available in all countries. Intel assumes no liability for lost or stolen data and/or systems or any other damages resulting thereof. For more information, visit www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/anti-theft/anti-theft-general-technology.html.
5. Ultrabook™ products are offered in multiple models. Some models may not be available in your market. Consult your Ultrabook™ manufacturer. For more information and details, visit www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/sponsors-of-tomorrow/ultrabook.html.