- Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors (Generation 1, 2 and 3, All SKUs)
- Intel® Xeon® W processors
- Intel® Xeon® D processors
The number of VMD Domains on a given CPU is a function of the number of PCIe lanes. For every 16 PCIe lanes, one Intel VMD Domain is available.
- 48 PCIe lanes = 3 Intel VMD Domains
- 64 PCIe Lanes = 4 Intel VMD Domains
Note: Some platforms may support an additional Intel VMD Domain off the chipset, which is not included in the above calculation. This instance is primarily used for boot to preserve CPU PCIe lanes for higher performance devices.