Options for updating the BIOS of Intel® NUC Boards and Intel® NUC Kits.
- OS Independent
- Size: 9.4 MB
- SHA1: 1310C51295BB43D0C91CFFCD5196C4510E2B787C
- OS Independent
- Size: 5.6 MB
- SHA1: E973451906A6977862C4849DD35C72F11DA4EF36
This download record provides options for updating the BIOS of the following Intel® NUC Boards and Kits: D33217GKE, D33217CK, DCP847SKE, DC3217IYE, DC3217BY, and DCCP847DYE. You only need to download one.
Note: The memory reference code in BIOS version 0046 and later was updated as a part of the changes made in the BIOS to meet Windows 8.1* requirements. This new memory code no longer supports 1066 MHz memory modules. Please review the release notes for more information.
Which file should I choose?
- Recovery BIOS update [GK0069.bio] - A .BIO file to be used for F7 BIOS Update method or a BIOS recovery process. In the unlikely event that a BIOS update is interrupted, it is possible the BIOS may be left in an unusable state. Use the recovery BIOS update to recover from this condition. It requires a USB flash device or CD.
- iflash BIOS update [GKPPT10H.86A.0069.BI.zip] - A DOS-based utility to update the BIOS regardless of operating system. It requires a USB flash device or CD.
- The readme file includes BIOS update instructions for advanced users. You also can find more complete step-by-step instructions on how to use each of these BIOS update methods.
- Downgrading the BIOS to an earlier version is not recommended and may not be supported. An earlier BIOS version may not contain the support for the latest processors, bug fixes, critical security updates, or support for the latest board revisions currently being manufactured. Important: If you are trying to downgrade to a previous BIOS version and its Intel® Management Engine Firmware (Intel® ME FW) version is older than that currently on the motherboard, then the downgrade is not supported.
- If a BIOS update process is interrupted, your computer may not function properly. We recommend the process be done in an environment with a steady power supply (preferably with UPS).
- For tips on troubleshooting BIOS issues on Intel® NUCs, refer Troubleshooting BIOS Issues.
This download is valid for the product(s) listed below.
Product and Performance Information
Intel is in the process of removing non-inclusive language from our current documentation, user interfaces, and code. Please note that retroactive changes are not always possible, and some non-inclusive language may remain in older documentation, user interfaces, and code.