This download record includes build files for Intel® Aero Compute Board 1.6.2.
- Size: 3.3 MB
- SHA1: 17D481658DE3A2F896FC4357CDF67E5AF2B7C877
- OS Independent
- Size: 1.5 GB
- SHA1: 986C885D3CB4299C1188BE51B03643CEBBC66AF4
- Size: 1.4 MB
- SHA1: D82F83EC064DC74547D7530C8AD7212AE7E85B96
Intel® Aero Platform for UAVs Discontinuation Notice
Intel is discontinuing the Intel® Aero Platform for UAVs. The last order date for the Intel® Aero products is February 15, 2019. Forum-based support (Intel Community) for Intel® Aero products is available until June 15, 2019. There are no further software updates planned for the Intel® Aero Platform for UAVs. All documentation resources for the Intel® Aero products will be available to the Intel® Aero developer community until February 15, 2022. Files licensed under open source licenses will continue to be available in binary and source code on GitHub.
The Intel® Aero Compute Board is a purpose-built, unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) developer kit powered by a quad-core Intel Atom® Processor. It's geared toward UAV developers, researchers, and enthusiasts.
Intel® Aero Compute Board features:
- Storage capabilities
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi
- Support for multiple cameras including the Intel® RealSense™ Camera R200, which is part of the optional Intel® Aero Vision Accessory Kit
- Industry standard interfaces
- Reconfigurable I/O to facilitate connecting to a broad variety of drone hardware subsystems
The compute board includes open-source Yocto Linux* operating system, sample applications, and APIs for flight and vision interfaces.
It's necessary to update the BIOS, FPGA, and Flight Controller for this software release. For instructions to update the BIOS, FPGA, and Flight Controller, see the Wiki.
What's new with software release 1.6.2?
- Aero bios version updated to 1.00.16
- Kernel version updated to 4.4.113
- Fixed build issue due to broken link in recipe
- Software release notes
- Operating system image
- File size: 1.5 GB
- File description: OS image for Intel® Aero Compute Board v1.6.2
- md5sum: bafc54627de3562ff4460c77a06c29a1
- Kernel Source
- File size: 1.4 MB
- File description: Source code for Aero Linux Kernel 4.4.113
- md5sum: 7c0d8c2a1b22713f6f707e109c425367
- Getting started instructions
- File size: 3.3 MB
- File description: BIOS binary for Intel Aero Compute Board v01.00.16
- md5sum: fd926349e4b8231559b942b406ad3e82
- Instructions for updating the BIOS
Product and Performance Information
Intel is in the process of removing non-inclusive language from our current documentation, user interfaces, and code. Please note that retroactive changes are not always possible, and some non-inclusive language may remain in older documentation, user interfaces, and code.