This download record contains the uEFI System Update Package for the Intel® Server System M70KLP Family. Read firmware dependencies in Firmware Requirements section.
- OS Independent
- Size: 38 MB
- SHA1: EA9FE7D4648658819B76CC5F6DAA94C37A3E9165
Minimal version of current BIOS and Firmware are required to perform a new BIOS and firmware update. If you try upgrading directly from an older BIOS version to a new version but do not meet firmware requirements, the upgrade may fail. Before you perform a new BIOS and firmware update, please verify current BIOS and firmware versions on your server systems. To update the system firmware stack to the versions included in this update package, the system software stack currently installed on the target server system MUST meet the following, or else the update may fail:
- BIOS Firmware - Production version SE5C620.86B.01.04.0022 or later
- BMC Firmware - Production version 4.05 or later
- CPLD Firmware - Production version 3.8 or later
If the system doesn't currently meet the BIOS and firmware requirements, you must download a previously-posted System Update Package (SUP) from Other Versions list of this web page and update the system to the preceding described firmware revisions before updating the system to the firmware stack included in your downloaded Firmware Update Package. Failure to get to the required firmware stack, may cause unexpected results.
This update package includes the following production level system software updates and update utilities:
- System BIOS - 01.04.0029
- ME Firmware - 04.04.04.28
- BMC Firmware - 4.16
- CPLD - 3.8
- PMem - 22.214.171.1246
- sysfwupdt.efi - 16.0.9
- Intel® Server System M70KLP Family
See firmware updates and troubleshooting tips.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR THE UPDATE PROCEDURE
- After enter uEFI Shell, startup.nsh should be automatically executed. It updates CPLD, BIOS, DCPMM FW, BMC in order.
- Due to the new structure of FW using PFR, system will be automatically shut down and become inoperable for about 5~10 min after the update process of BIOS and BMC. Do not plug off AC power during this time.
- This system update also has two reboots. The BIOS Security Version SVN is incremented in this release, and it is necessary to update BIOS recovery region in this release. Settings won’t be lost, but one additional reboot after the SUP update will be conducted automatically. Please allow additional time for the second reboot to occur. After the second update, all system firmware will be up to date.
See the release notes and readme files for installation instructions, supported hardware, what is new, bug fixes, and known issues.
This download is valid for the product(s) listed below.
Product and Performance Information
Intel is in the process of removing non-inclusive language from our current documentation, user interfaces, and code. Please note that retroactive changes are not always possible, and some non-inclusive language may remain in older documentation, user interfaces, and code.