Intel® MAX® 10 FPGA
Intel® MAX® 10 FPGA revolutionizes non-volatile integration by delivering advanced processing capabilities in a single chip small form factor programmable logic device for low power and cost-sensitive applications. Intel® MAX® 10 FPGA is built on TSMC's 55 nm embedded NOR flash technology, enabling instant-on functionality. Integrated features include analog-to-digital converters (ADCs) and dual configuration flash allowing you to store and dynamically switch between two images on a single chip. Unlike CPLDs, Intel® MAX® 10 FPGA also include full-featured FPGA capabilities, such as Nios® II soft core embedded processor support, digital signal processing (DSP) blocks, and soft DDR3 memory controllers.
See also: FPGA Design Software, Design Store, Downloads, Community, and Support
Intel® MAX® 10 FPGA
- Up to 50,000 logic elements (LEs)
- Up to 500 user I/O pins
- Non-volatile instant-on architecture
- Single chip
- Packages as small as 3x3 mm2
- Embedded SRAM
- DSP blocks
- High-performance phase-locked loops (PLLs) and low-skew global clocks.
- External memory interface (DDR3 SDRAM/DDR3L SDRAM/DDR2 SDRAM/LPDDR2)
- Nios® II soft core embedded processor support
- 3.3 V, LVDS, PCI*, and 30+ other I/O standards supported
- Embedded SAR ADCs – 12 bit, 1 Mbps
- Up to 18 analog input channels
- Temperature sensor
- Single or dual-core voltage supply offering
- Embedded flash
- Dual configuration flash
- User flash memory
- Internal oscillator
- Power-saving features
- Sleep mode to reduce dynamic power by up to 95%
- Input buffer power-down
- 128 bit Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) and other design security features.
- RoHS6 packaging
Qualification and Certification
Intel® MAX® 10 FPGAs are available in commercial, industrial, and automotive (AEC-Q100) temperature grades.
In addition, they will be supported in a future release of the functional safety pack, TUV Certified to IEC 61508 and ISO 26262, reducing development time and time to market.
Intel® MAX® 10 FPGAs – Your Control Center
Why have a separate Power Management IC (PMIC) to control your systems, when you can get one Intel® MAX® 10 FPGA that does it all. MAX 10 FPGAs integrate comprehensive Board Management Controller (BMC) capabilities, reducing component count and cost relative to stand-alone solutions.
Many of today’s high-end FPGAs, including Intel® Arria® 10 FPGAs and SoCs and Intel® Stratix® 10 FPGAs and SoCs, have multiple power rails that need to be turned on a in a specific order and monitored during runtime to ensure proper device operation. Whether the power supplies used for these FGPAs are controlled by simple digital I/O or leverage the more advanced PMBus control interface, MAX 10 FPGAs are well equipped to sequence and monitor these power supplies.
Benefits of Using Intel® MAX® 10 FPGAs Over PMICs
Integrated Analog and Instant On
- More efficient power up sequencing, monitoring, and power down sequencing.
- Supports both GPIO controlled and PMBus based power supplies.
- Large number analog inputs allows for the monitoring of multiple rails.
- Supports data logging capabilities to better track abnormal board behavior (i.e. temperature, power rail fluctuations).
Integrated Temperature Sense Diode
- Removes the need for external temperature sensors.
- Use data logging to reduce repair costs and quickly know what went wrong.
- Predict board failures before they happen.
- By watching performance trends (voltage rail or thermal) failing boards can be identified before they fail, increasing system up time.
Proven Reference Designs Reduce Time to Market
- Board Management Controller.
- MAX 10 FPGA sequencing Arria 10 FPGA.
Examples of Max 10 BMC Solutions Available Today from Reflex and Nallatech
- Nallatech 510T Arria 10 FPGA Computing Acceleration Card.
- Attila Instant-DevKit Arria 10 FPGA FMC IDK.
- Alaric Instant-DevKit Arria 10 SoC FMC IDK.
MIPI for Video
Next generation video solutions, such as industrial surveillance cameras, industrial machine vision, automotive (gesture control, self-driving cars, advanced driver assistance system (ADAS) and consumer drones require more advanced video processing capabilities. Intel® MAX® 10 FPGAs, combined with IP cores, provide one of the industry’s best solutions to implement many of these interfaces:
- Control or Data Centric Interfaces.
- CAN*, LIN*, Ethernet (AVB/BRR*/TSN), USB*, PCI-Express*.
- Camera Sensor or Video Interfaces.
- MIPI* CSI or DSI, HiSPi*, SLVS, DisplayPort*, RSDS/LVDS/mini-LVDS.
Previously, ASSP D-PHY devices were needed to convert signals from the CMOS image sensor to the MIPI electrical standards before input into traditional FPGAs, which then implemented customized image sensor/processing functions.
Intel technologies’ features and benefits depend on system configuration and may require enabled hardware, software or service activation. Performance varies depending on system configuration. No computer system can be absolutely secure. Check with your system manufacturer or retailer.
With the Nios® II embedded processor, Intel® MAX® 10 FPGAs provide unmatched flexibility when designing your system. Going beyond traditional low-cost FPGAs, CPLDs, and microcontroller units (MCUs), only MAX 10 FPGAs with Nios II processor support provide:
Embedded systems with on-die flash for software code and FPGA configuration storage.
Custom Hardware Systems
Quickly design your own processor peripheral and I/O set with GUI-based system design tools and off-the-shelf intellectual property (IP) -including general-purpose I/Os (GPIOs), UARTs, hard analog-to-digital converter (ADC) blocks, Triple Speed Ethernet MACs, serial interfaces, and even multiple CPUs to optimize performance.
Remote System Update Support
For fail-safe hardware and software upgrades to manage bug fixes or changing standards.
Small Form Factor Packages
Fuse the benefits of previous families of non-volatile, single-chip CPLDs, and full FPGA features into one small form factor package, that improve the system reliability, reduce BOM, simpler PCB design and reduce system cost.
Long lifetime MAX 10 devices and soft processor IP eliminates obsolescence risk while allowing you to get to market quickly. See our obsolete MCU replacement examples using the NiosII processor.
High-performance Real-time Processing
Customize digital signal processing (DSP) functions with FPGA hardware acceleration, delivering deterministic, real-time performance.
Explore more content related to Intel® FPGA devices such as development boards, intellectual property, support and more.
Resource center for training, documentation, downloads, tools and support options.
Get started with our FPGA and accelerate your time-to-market with Intel-validated hardware and designs.
Shorten your design cycle with a broad portfolio of Intel-validated IP cores and reference designs.
Explore Quartus Prime Software and our suite of productivity-enhancing tools to help you rapidly complete your hardware and software designs.
Get in touch with sales for your Intel® FPGA product design and acceleration needs.
Decipher Intel® FPGA part numbers, including the significance of certain prefixes and package codes.
Contact an Intel® Authorized Distributor today.