Questa*-Intel® FPGA Edition Software
Both Questa*-Intel® FPGA and Questa*-Intel® FPGA Starter software editions are a version of the Siemens EDA Questa* Core software targeted for Intel® FPGAs devices. Both editions support the below:
- Intel® Quartus® Prime Lite Edition, Standard edition, and Pro edition, Intel® High Level Synthesis Compiler, Intel oneAPI and DSP Builder for Intel® FPGAs software.
- All Intel® FPGAs and Intel® MAX® CPLDs.
- Intel gate-level libraries (includes behavioral simulation, HDL test benches, and Tcl scripting).
- 64-bit Operating System (OS) Windows and Linux.
- Questa*-Intel® FPGA Edition software supports designs of up to 5,000 instances. Note that instances from Intel pre-compiled libraries do not count towards the 5,000 instance limit.
Questa*-Intel® FPGA Edition Software replaces ModelSim*-Intel® FPGA Edition Software (see product advisory).
Frequently Asked Questions
The migration is easy and largely push-button, and requires minimal to no changes in existing scripts. Watch this video for a quick demo of migration.
No. Questa*-Intel® FPGA Edition software only supports Intel’s (Quartus) simulation libraries, whereas Questa* Core can support any simulation libraries. The Questa*-Intel® FPGA Edition software includes all the features of Siemens EDA Questa* Core, including behavioral simulation, HDL test benches, and Tcl scripting.
However, features specific to Questa* Prime are not supported in the Questa*-Intel® FPGA Edition software. Questa*-Intel® FPGA Edition software is slower than the Siemens EDA Questa* Core and Questa* Prime software.
Contact your local Siemens EDA sales office to upgrade your Questa*-Intel® FPGA software to Questa* Core or Questa* Prime simulator. Contact information is available on the Siemens EDA website.
Documentation and Support
Find technical documentation, videos, and training courses for Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software.
Learn more about how to purchase Intel® FPGA development tools and software.
Get the complete suite of Intel® FPGA design tools.
This page lists all the online and instructor-led courses currently available.
Find pricing information and purchase online.