These charts contain basic features of the Intel® Core™ Desktop Processor Family and Intel® Boxed processors. If you are looking for side-by-side specification comparisons, see how to compare Intel® Processors using product specifications page (ARK). You can also find and compare technical information by watching this related video.
Compare Intel® Core™ Desktop Processors
Compare all Intel Core processors using either the Excel* spreadsheets or the PDF files listed below.
If your Intel® Core™ processor number ends with “H”, “HK”, “G”, “U” , “Y”,” HQ”, or “M”, then it is an Intel® laptop processor. Check comparison charts for Intel® Core™ Laptop Processor Family.
In these files, you can use the available filters to sort for:
- Generations, such as 10th Gen and 9th Gen
- Identifiers, such as i9, i7, i5, and i3
- Other features such as sockets supported or memory type
For example: if you need to compare only i7 processors, follow these steps:
- Click the dropdown arrow in column C, Processor Number.
- In Search field, type i7, and click OK. A list of i7 processors will be shown.
- You can filter even further and search for other features within i7 list.
|Intel® Core™ 10th , 9th, 8th, 7th, 6th, 5th, 4th Generations and Core-X Comparison Excel file|
|Intel® Core™ 3rd, 2nd, and legacy Comparison Excel file|
|Note||If you don't have Excel, you can use the PDF files below. They provide the same as the Excel files above but in a PDF format.|
Size: 606 KB
Size: 411 KB
Difference between i9, i7, i5, and i3 in 10th, 9th, 8th, and 7th Generation Intel® Core™ Desktop Processors
- 10th Generation Intel® Core™ : In Product Brief: 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Desktop Processors, Refer to section " 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Desktop Processor Comparisons" to view the difference between i9, i7, i5, and i3.
- 9th Generation Intel® Core™: Refer to page 6 in 9th Generation Intel® Core™ Desktop processors product brief to view the difference between i7, i5, and i3.
- 8th Generation Intel® Core™: Refer to page 4 in 8th Generation Intel® Core™ Desktop processors product brief to view the difference between i7, i5, and i3.
- 7th Generation Intel® Core™: Refer to page 8 in 7th Generation Intel® Core™ Desktop processors product brief to view the difference between i7, i5, and i3.
Refer to performance Index for Intel® Core™ Desktop Processors (10th, 9th, 8th, 7th, and 6th generations)