Minimum Requirements Error Message when Installing Intel® Graphics Drivers
What are you seeing?
The following error message appears when you try to install Intel® Graphic Drivers:
This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software.
Click or the topic for details:
Why are you seeing it?
The error message can appear for multiple reasons:
- You have an external video card in your system. Some motherboards disable the integrated graphic chipset of the processor when an external video card is installed; check if the Intel® graphic chipset is visible in device manager.
- You have the wrong driver for your Intel® Graphics Controller. Identify your Intel® Graphics Controller first before manually downloading the driver for your graphics controller.
- The driver and the OS version don't match. Example: you can't install a 64-bit driver on a 32-bit Operation System.
- You don't have Intel® Graphics.
- The Intel® Driver & Support Assistant can't update the driver. Installing a generic Intel® Graphics Driver instead of the customized computer manufacturer driver can cause technical issues.
How to fix it
|Note||Save time by using the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant to identify your system configuration and automatically update your system with the driver you need.|
Most issues with graphics driver installation can be addressed using the Troubleshooting Wizard for Intel® Graphics Drivers. See below for further troubleshooting options.
If you have the wrong driver:
To see which graphics driver you need, first identify your Intel® Graphics Controller. Then, manually download the driver for your graphics controller.
If the driver and the OS version don't match:
Example: you can't install a 64-bit driver on a 32-bit Operating System. In this example:
- Go to Control Panel > Systems and Security > System. Under System, the system type is listed as either a 64-bit or 32-bit OS.
After properly identifying the system type, install the correct 64-bit or 32-bit graphics driver. First identify your Intel® Graphics Controller to check which graphics driver you need. Then, manually download the driver for your graphics controller.
If you don't have Intel® Graphics:
Contact your system or motherboard manufacturer for information on BIOS settings.
If Intel® Driver & Support can't update the driver:
Contact your computer manufacturer for the latest driver for your computer.
|Intel® Graphics Driver Frequently Asked Questions|
|Computer Manufacturer Graphics Driver Detected|