Some Windows 8.1* Metro Apps Don't Open on Intel® Compute Sticks
Some Windows 8.1* apps on the Windows Start screen fail to open. To fix this issue, you can download and install the App Update, or request replacement under warranty.
Option 1: Run the App Update
This utility updates the operating system to fix this issue. The update is available on Download Center.
Before you begin
- Make sure you power your Intel Compute Stick from the AC adapter to a wall plug.
- Remove all SD cards or USB portable storage devices before running the update.
- Use a wired USB keyboard and mouse when running the update. Bluetooth* devices and some USB wireless devices don't work during this update.
- Close all applications to prevent loss of data.
Run the update
- Right-click the file name and click Run as administrator to start the update.
- Click Install to extract the files to \Patch\ folder.
- After you extract all the files, press any key when prompted to restart the system.
- When prompted, enter Y on your keyboard. Then press Enter to begin the update. Don't shut down the Intel Compute Stick while the update is in process.
- After the update is complete, press any key to restart your Intel Compute Stick.
Option 2: Replace the Intel® Compute Stick under warranty
Affected product is covered under warranty. To obtain warranty replacement follow the step in the Warrany Information page.