The table lists tested operating systems for the Intel® Server Board S1200RP Family. Operating systems not listed aren't supported.
|Operating systems||Type of testing|
|Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2* with Hyper-V, x64, and EFI||Compatibility and stress |
Intel provides support for customers that have issues with the operating systems, involving installation or functionality of the server board. Support is provided, regardless if adapters and peripherals were tested under the operating system.
|Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 7* with KVM (x64 and UEFI)2|
|SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11* SP3 with XEN (x64 and x32)2|
|Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 6* Update 5 with KVM (x64, x32, and UEFI)2||Basic testing |
Intel provides and tests operating system drivers for each of the server board-integrated controllers, provided the controller vendor has a driver available on request. Intel doesn't require vendors to develop drivers for operating systems they don't already support. Functionality of certain server board–integrated controllers can be limited.
VMware* ESXi 5.5 U11
|Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2* SP1 with Hyper-V (x64 and EFI) 3|
|Microsoft Windows 7*|
|Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 5* Update 9 with XEN and KVM (x64 and x32)2|
|SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 SP4* with XEN and KVM (x64 and x32)2|
|FreeBSD* 9.x||Basic installation |
Intel doesn't provide technical support for the open-source operating systems listed. Contact the related open-source community for support.
1 Only supported in AHCI mode. Onboard RAID (ESRT2 and Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RSTe)) must be disabled.
2 Only supported in AHCI or ESRT2 RAID mode.
3 The Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2* testing and certification extends support to the following editions:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2* for Embedded systems (Standard)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2* for Embedded systems (Enterprise)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Foundation*
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard*
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise*
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter*
- Microsoft Windows Web Server 2008 R2*
- Microsoft Windows HPC Server 2008* R2
- Microsoft Windows Essential Business Server 2008*
- Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2011* (uses Windows Server 2008 R2 drivers)
|Server Test Submission (STS) Reports for S4600/S2600/S2400/S1600/S1400/S1200 Servers|