Overview of Intel® Core™2 Duo Mobile Processors
What features are unique to Intel® Core™2 Duo Mobile Processors?
Intel® Core™2 Duo Processors include many advanced innovations, including:
- Intel® Wide Dynamic Execution – Improves performance and efficiency as each core can complete up to four full instructions simultaneously using an efficient 14-stage pipeline.
- Intel® Smart Memory Access – Improves system performance by hiding memory latency, thus optimizing the use of available computer data bandwidth to provide data to the processor when and where it is needed.
- Intel® Advanced Smart Cache – Includes a shared L2 cache or memory reservoir to reduce power by minimizing memory traffic, yet increases performance by allowing one core to utilize the entire cache when the other core is idle. Only Intel provides this capability in all segments.
- Intel® Advanced Digital Media Boost – Effectively doubles the execution speed for instructions used widely in multimedia and graphics applications.
- Intel® 64 Technology – The enhancement to Intel's 32-bit architecture supports 64-bit computing, including enabling the processor to access larger amounts of memory.
Intel® Core™ 2 Duo mobile processors include many advanced innovations, including:
- Intel® Dynamic Power Coordination – Coordinates Enhanced Intel SpeedStep® Technology and idle power-management state (C-states) transitions independently per core to help save power.
- Intel Dynamic Bus Parking – Enables platform power savings and improved battery life by allowing the chipset to power down with the processor in low-frequency mode.
- Intel® Enhanced Deeper Sleep with Dynamic Cache Sizing – Saves power by flushing cache data to system memory during periods of inactivity to lower CPU voltage.
Where can I find information about the Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor?
The Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor is Intel's second-generation mobile dual-core processor designed to deliver breakthrough performance and great power savings. Intel® Centrino® Processor technology-based laptops with the new Intel Core 2 Duo processor and 4 MB cache offer performance increases for processor-intensive tasks like multitasking.
Where can I find information such as processor speed, processor number, cache size, chipset compatibility, pricing, and product order codes?
Information about Intel® Processors can be found by searching the product specification site. If you can't locate (search or browse) the Intel® Processor you're looking for, send us your feedback.
- Which Intel® mobile processors contain integrated graphics (Intel® HD Graphics)?
- Does my processor support Intel® Virtualization Technology?
- Common questions on Intel® Processors
- Frequently asked questions on integrated graphics
- Intel® Turbo Boost Technology frequently asked questions
- Frequently asked questions for mobile processors
|Product specifications and comparisons|
|Intel® Processor numbers|
|Intel® Processor Identification Utility|