Operating System Installation for Intel® Compute Sticks
Find resources to install an operating system on your Intel® Compute Stick.
Windows* Installation Steps
Recommended steps for installing Windows* on Intel® Compute Sticks:
- Review the table below for information that applies to your Intel® Compute Stick model.
Intel® Compute Stick model Special information STK1A32SC In BIOS, select the Windows bit version you're going to install:
- Press F2 during boot to enter BIOS Setup.
- Go to the Configuration menu.
- For the Select Operating System setting, choose either Windows 64-bit or Windows 32-bit.
- Press F10 to save and exit BIOS Setup.
- Recommended: Update the BIOS to the latest version. Important fixes and security updates are often included.
- Make sure your Intel Compute Stick has USB ports available for keyboard, mouse, and installation media. You might need to connect a USB hub.
- Use another computer connected to the Internet, to download the latest wireless network driver for your Intel Compute Stick. Save it to a USB portable device.
You need to install this driver after installing Windows.
- Get your Windows image ready (purchased separately), on a USB portable device or CD/DVD media.
- Plug in the device containing the Windows installation image (USB port or USB optical drive, if the image is on a CD/DVD).
- Power on the Intel Compute Stick.
- Press F10 at the prompt during boot, to open the boot menu and select the installation drive.
- Follow all setup instructions, once Windows Setup starts.
- Install the wireless network driver you downloaded in Step 3 (after Windows Setup is complete).
- Connect to the Internet.
- Install Windows updates (optional).
- Download and install the rest of the Intel Compute Stick drivers from Download Center.
Some Linux operating systems may be supported. Check with the specific Linux distribution to make sure that support is available for your Intel® Compute Stick. The following sites can help you install Linux. Intel hasn't validated these distributions:
|Supported operating systems for Intel® Compute Sticks|