Intel® Processors are sold as either tray or boxed.
- Intel® Boxed Processor: From an Intel® Authorized Distributor. Intel® Boxed Processors are sold to end users.
- In general, most Intel® Boxed Processors carry a Three-Year limited warranty supported by Intel (Some carry One-Year limited warranty). The warranty eligibility starts on the original purchase date and doesn't reset if or when Intel provides a product replacement.
- Tray processor: Original equipment manufacturer (OEM) processor. In general, tray processors are only sold to OEMs, Local OEMs, distributors, integrators, retailers, but not to end users.
- Starting with the 12th Generation Intel® desktop tray processors limited warranty is extended to 3 years. Contact your OEM, distributor, or reseller for warranty support.
- The 3-year limited warranty does not apply to previous generations of desktop SKUs which have only 1-year limited warranty.
- For warranty policy for Intel® Data Center Block (Intel® DCB), refer to this link: Intel® DCB.
|Frequently Asked Questions About Warranty for Intel® Processors|
|How to Check the Status of Intel® Processors (tray vs Box)|
|One-Year Limited Warranty for Intel® Xeon Phi™ Coprocessor|