Information and recommendations to resolve a specific error message: BIOS configuration not compatible with Intel® Optane™ Memory.
Error message: BIOS configuration not compatible with Optane™ Memory
The error appears after clicking on the option to enable the Intel® Optane memory using either the Intel® Optane™ Memory User Interface and Driver for System Acceleration or the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) User Interface and Driver, independently of the size of the memory or the type of drive to be accelerated.
The error could also be encountered after disabling Compatibility Support Mode in BIOS from RST Premium to any other option (this option will change depending on the motherboard manufacturer).
If you get this error message, follow the below steps to try resolving it:
- Install the Optane ™ memory to an M.2 slot that motherboard manufacturer configured for system acceleration or that supports NVMe drives.
- If the previous step does not work, try the following:
- Take out the Intel® Optane Memory.
- Back up any important data on the system and then format the computer (Re install the operating system from scratch). You can click here as reference.
- Update all drivers and BIOS version, check with the motherboard manufacturer to get the correct version for each of them.
- Plug the Intel® Optane Memory again and try to activate it by clicking the "enable" option.
- Check the Intel® Optane Memory user guide for additional information here