How do I Set up the Tri-Mode Controllers for NVMe*/SAS/SATA Modes?
The Tri-Mode Full featured Intel® RAID Controllers have support for SAS (Serial Attached SCSI)/SATA and NVMe* drives. This support can be set to SAS/SATA only, NVMe only, and SAS/SATA/NVMe. It's possible to change the controller configuration, to optimize its resources according to the mentioned settings. Such configurations are called profiles (also known as operating mode). Each profile has a different support model that affects the maximum number of supported devices.
You can change the profile from the UEFI HII Configuration Utility using the steps below:
- After the Intel® RAID Controller and the drives are installed, restart the server and press F2 to open the UEFI menu. Follow these steps:
- PCI configuration
- UEFI option ROM control
- Choose the Intel® RAID Controller by navigating the menu in the following order:
- Main Menu
- Controller Management
- Advanced Controller Management
- Manage Controller Profiles
- Choose Profile: Select the desired profile.
List of available profiles and their supported configurations:
Personality Profile# Profile Name Drive Support Max Physical Drives Max Virtual Drives RAID 10 PD64 SAS/SATA 64 64 RAID 11 NVMe4 NVMe 4 64 RAID 12 PD240 SAS/SATA 240 240 RAID 13 PD64_NVMe4 SAS/SATA/NVMe 64 64 JBOD 20 PD_240 SAS/SATA 240 240 JBOD 21 PD64_NVMe8 SAS/SATA/NVMe 64 64 JBOD 23 PD_240 SAS/SATA 240 240 Note From firmware version 5.080.00-1965 (package 50.8.0-2-66) onwards, only profile options that are compatible with the current personality setting and drive type connected are visible.
- Go to the Set Profile tab, hit Enter, and select OK. Then select Enter. A new window shows that the operation has been performed.
- Press F10 and reboot the system for the changes to take effect.
|User Guides for Intel RAID and Storage Products|
|Feature comparison of different Intel RAID and Storage Products|