Troubleshooting Audio Issues on Intel® NUC
If you experience audio related issues with your Intel® NUC, we recommend you first try the following:
- Update BIOS (see: BIOS Update and Recovery Instructions for Intel® NUC with Visual BIOS).
- Install latest Intel® HD Graphics driver (see: How to Install an Intel® Graphics Driver in Windows® 10 & Windows 11*.
- Install latest Realtek* High Definition Audio driver - required for the 3.5mm front panel audio jack (for microphones and headsets).
- Try connecting a different speaker or headphones directly to the audio jack connector of the computer.
- If using a sound bar, try using a different speaker to isolate the problem.
- To automatically update drivers, install Intel® Drivers and Support Assistant.
- To manually download and install BIOS and drivers, visit Download Center.
|Note||Some models of Intel® NUCs do not have a 3.5mm audio jack (e.g NUC10i5FNHN).|
|What is happening?||See article|
|Can't get audio output from TV, Receiver, or monitor.||Intel® NUC's Audio Doesn't Work when connected to TV, Monitor, or AV Receiver HDMI port|
|When connecting audio jack into the Intel NUC you hear popping or clicking through your speakers||Popping sound when connecting microphone, headset or speakers to 3.5mm audio jack on Intel NUC|
|Microphone doesn't work or output is not loud enough.||Intel® NUC Microphone Doesn’t Work or Output Is Not Loud Enough|
|Surround sound doesn't work in a home theater system.||Troubleshooting AV Receiver Issues on Intel® NUC|
|Front panel 3.5mm audio jack isn't working.||Front Panel 3.5mm Audio Jack Does Not Work on Intel® NUC|
|After system update audio no longer works||No audio output on Intel® NUC after system or driver update|
|Code 28 error in Device Manager on Detection Verification under Other Devices||Seeing error code 28 in Device Manger on Intel NUC|
If none of these suggestions resolve your issue, contact Intel® Customer Support.
|Linux* Support for Intel® NUC|