Troubleshooting steps to resolve unresponsive system with distorted screen
- Screen showing distorted patterns/colors
- The display random ASCII characters
- System does not respond to any keypresses or mouse movements or clicks
- Clear CMOS
- Disconnect any attached devices.
- Disconnect the computer from the power source.
- Remove the computer cover.
- Find and remove onboard configuration jumper (note which pins the jumper is on)
- Plug in the computer to a power source and power on the computer.
- The computer displays the Config Menu.
- Select Reset to factory configuration
- Power off the computer and disconnect it from the power source.
- Replace the configuration jumper back to its original position.
- Replace the cover.
- Plug in the computer to the power source and power on the computer.
- Test the RAM or try another RAM stick
- Remove one RAM stick at a time to see if the issue persists.
- Try another SSD
- Reinstall operating system
If the issue persists, contact Intel® Customer Support