Troubleshooting steps for updating Intel® HD Graphics to improve performance while gaming
Blurry text and slow performance with games.
Sloppy video playback with browser and video player.
Slow performance in general windows environment
Game crashes with an error message and closes.
Follow the troubleshooting steps below to fix the problem.
- Update Intel® HD Graphics Driver. If driver is DCH, please follow the steps below:
- Download the latest DCH driver from the Download Center and save it on the computer.
- Disconnect from the Internet so no new drivers are automatically installed by Windows Update.
- Uninstall the DCH driver and the Intel Graphics Control Panel from Control Panel > Programs and Features
- Restart the computer
- Confirm in Device Manager > Video Adapters the controller is listed as Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. if not, repeat steps 2 through 4.
- If the adapter continues to be listed as ‘ntel HD Graphics or similar, and no other Intel Graphics driver is listed under Programs and Features for removal, then it means Windows has switched to a previously installed Legacy driver. At this point remove Legacy drivers from Device Manager:
- Right-click Intel HD Graphics or similar
- Select Uninstall Device
- In pop-up window check Delete the driver software for this device
- Click Uninstall
- Restart.(Repeat steps 2-4 until the device gets listed as Microsoft Basic Display Adapter)
- Install the DCH driver that was downloaded on step 1.
- Restart the computer.
- Reconnect to the Internet.
- Download the Intel Graphics Control Panel from the Microsoft Store
- You may also try with the Graphics driver provided by your computer manufacturer, please refer to Original Equipment Manufacturers
- Update Operating System
- Test different video cable
- Create a new user (offline and non live account)
Frequently Asked Questions about Windows* DCH Drivers for Intel® Graphics