Steps to revert the encryption of an Opal*-activated device.
Drive is Opal*-encrypted and there is no way to access the data.
Follow these steps to revert the Opal encryption in your Intel® SSD:
- Download the Intel® Memory and Storage Tool (CLI).
- Connect your Intel® SSD directly to your motherboard.
- Start the Intel® Memory and Storage Tool and run the command: intelmas start -intelssd <drive_index> -psidrevert <PSID>
- <drive_index> corresponds to the index assigned to your drive. You can easily identify your drive by running the command: intelmas show -intelssd
- <PSID> corresponds to the PSID (Physical Security ID) printed on the drive's label.
- After the process is complete, the drive will be reverted to its factory settings, previous password will be deleted and all data will be erased.