Importance of keeping your drivers updated
Updated drivers allow you to use new programs and new hardware.
You should update your drivers if:
- You have a new device.
- You see an error message that tells you to update to a new driver.
- You see problems while using hardware.
You may not need to update your drivers if:
- Your system is working correctly.
- You experience issues with the speed of your machine. Updated drivers do not upgrade slow computers.
- You already have specific drivers for your device, and the latest driver is generic.
Not all Intel® drivers and software updates offered by the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA)
The Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) gives you a subset of the drivers and software available on Download Center. View a list of which drivers and software are excluded.