How to load driver for your Intel® RAID controller during Windows* operating system (OS) installation
Created the RAID volume (virtual drive) in the pre-boot configuration utility, but still unable to see the RAID volume during Windows OS installation.
Follow the steps below to load the driver for Intel® RAID controller during Windows* OS install (Intel® VROC used as an example):
- Download Windows* driver for your Intel® RAID Controller and save it to a USB drive.
- Click Load driver at the Where do you want to install Windows? screen.
- Click Browse and navigate to the location of the RAID driver downloaded in Step 1 then click OK.
Note The Intel® VROC driver package contains multiple folders. Use iaVROC.free.OS_ver for VROC NVMe and iaStorE.free.OS_ver for VROC SATA (formerly known as Intel® Rapid Storage Enterprise)
- Click your Intel® RAID controller the click Next to install the driver.
- You should now see the RAID volume detected by the Windows installer. Otherwise, click the Rescan button.