If, in the Quartus II software version 12.1 or later, you migrate an ALTGX megafunction created with the Quartus II software 12.0 or earlier, a compilation error might occur if all of the following scenarios apply to your design:
- You create an ALTGX megafunction using the Basic protocol or the Basic protocol with direct physical medium attachment (PMA Direct).
- Your design implements a data rate of less than 1 Gbps.
- Your design targets a Stratix IV GX device.
The error message TX PMA element \'<name>\' has an illegal
SLEW_RATE setting OFF might appear because it is illegal to set
SLEW_RATE setting to
Regenerate the ALTGX megafunction in the Quartus II software version 12.1 or later using the following steps:
- Click MegaWizard Plug-In Manager on the Tools menu to open the MegaWizard Plug-In Manager dialog box.
- Select your ALTGX megafunction VHDL Design File (.vhd).
- Click the Next button.
- Click the Next buttons in subsequent dialog boxes to confirm the parameter assignments until the MegaWizard Plug-In Manger displays the Summary tab.
- Click the Finish button.